Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween at School

I was able to spend some time in the kindergarten classroom today and it was a treat.  Patrick was the only Kindergartner that dressed up as a....Kindergartner, and he seemed at peace with it.  His response when someone asked "why aren't you dressed up?" was "my costume is in my backpack"...which, in fact, it is.  It's the third year that Patrick has opted to be Patrick, while quietly packing along the witch costume that my mom made me when I was a wee one.  I am not a huge fan of Halloween, and dressing up stresses me out, too...so he comes by this naturally.

Jenna, on the other hand, wears her cheer leading costume quite comfortably.  Wish I'd had an Idaho uniform for her!

Jenna with friend Hadley--who is a spectacular Peacock!

Jenna, Nick Bruce and Patrick at circle time

Cute Costumes!


I got to listen as the kids said their morning prayer and sang their morning songs.  They are allowed to offer their personal prayers to the group, and there were heartfelt words said by many, who prayed for people without food, who were unhappy and those without a home.  Many children prayed for their dogs...some living and some who had "gone to heaven".

After noontime pickup today we will join Kevin for lunch and return home for a nap.  It's chilly outside today--a perfect day for a long, cozy nap.  Patrick is especially excited for "Parent's Night Out" at Planet Gymnastics tonight.  The gym facility near our house offers this activity once a month; where kids may be dropped off to enjoy pizza, a movie and all kinds of gym activity (trampolines, climbing walls and the like), while parents spend a Friday night out!  I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment